Welcome to our FAQs !
Here you can find answers for the most frequently asked questions from our clients. These answers will take you through every step of your order.
Students may register for a VAP card in our London Shoreditch store by presenting a valid Student Card or Student ID. The VAP card entitles you to 15% off throughout the year, and we also send birthday offers should you register a day and month of birth with us.
Offer is not valid on gift vouchers, books, magazines, or the I LOVE ART range. Nor is it valid on products which are already discounted from RRP or from their catalogue price.
- I am a new customer. Do I need to register before I place an order ?
- I have forgotten my password / my password is not being recognised.
- I have requested a new password but I have not received the email to change it.
- How do I change my account details ?
- How do I find a product I have seen in the catalogue ?
- Items are not being added to my basket.
- How do I delete products in my basket ?
- My basket is blocked. What should I do ?
- The product I want to order is not displayed or out of sotck. When will it be available ?
- Payment FAQs
- Delivery FAQs
- How much do you charge for delivery ?
- How long does delivery take ?
- Do you deliver to PO box or BFPO addresses ?
- Do you deliver overseas ?
- How do I track my parcel ?
- What do I do if my parcel is going to be delivered and I am not available to sign for it ?
- There is something missing from my parcel.
- I haven't received my parcel.
- Do you have a shop in the UK ?
- Other FAQs
I am a new customer. Do I need to register before I place an order?
Yes, you will need to register before you purchase an order. This will include your contact details and address where your order will be sent. Simply click on the ‘Register’ link in the grey bar at the top and fill in the form.
I have forgotten my password/my password is not being recognised
- Please make sure that the caps lock button or the Function key is not on if you haven't put any capital letters in your password.
- If your password is automatically entered in the field, please delete it and type it in again.
- If you have forgotten your password, then click on Forgotten Password and enter your email address that you registered with. This will send a secure link to your Inbox where you can see your login and then change your password.
I have requested a new password but I have not received the email to change it.
If you have not received this email within 10 minutes of requesting it, please make sure that you entered your email address correctly. Also check that it has not been sent to your Junk E-mail box as some email providers have very sensitive spam filters. If an email is still not received please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How to I change my account details?
If you have changed address, phone number or email address, just login to your account, then click on Edit my personal information. Change the information and then click Save at the bottom of the page.
How do I find a product I have seen in the catalogue?
- Add them to your basket: If you already know what products you would like to order (with the 5 digit GreatArt product number), then click on "Quick Shop" and enter the product codes and quantities. This will automatically add the products to Your Basket in the top right hand corner. If it doesn't do this, please make sure you have allowed 'Pop-Ups' in your browser.
- Find out more: If you want to find out more details about an item that you have seen in the catalogue then you can just type in the 5 or 8 digit catalogue number in the search box.
Note: if you are ordering from a sale or promotional brochure, please remove the number prefix before entering. i.e. 5-16300 would be entered as 16300.
Items are not being added to my Basket.
Please make sure that you have allowed pop-ups from our site as when you click on add to basket, a pop-up window will appear confirming what you have added.
How do I delete product in my basket?
Go to Your Basket, where a summary of your order is displayed. You can delete any items from Your Basket by clicking the far right hand side Bin Icon. This item will then be removed from Your basket products.
At this stage, it is still possible to change the quantity of a product.
My basket is blocked. What should I do?
If you click the Back button on your browser when you are on the payment server, you will find that your basket becomes blocked. Unfortunately, for security reasons, there is no way to unblock your basket. If you have your order details handy, ring customer services on 08433 571 572 and we can take your order over the phone.
The product I want to order is not displayed or out of stock. When will it be available?
If the product has a red circle next to it, this means that it is out of stock. To find out an expected delivery date for more stock, please Contact Us and a member of our Customer Services team will advise you of an approximate delivery date. Contact us here.
You can also set up an alert by clicking on ‘Create a Stock Alert for this Product’. This will send you an email when the product is available to order again.
What credit/debit cards do you accept?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Mastercard Debit, Delta, Solo and PayPal.
My Credit / Debit card has been declined what should I do?
After entering your card details, if you receive notification that your card has declined, please check that you have entered all the details correctly including the registered card address. If everything was correct, then you must contact the bank that issued your card for an explanation. We are unable to tell you why your card has declined.
Is your website secure?
- Yes, once you have clicked on the Submit My Payment button, you enter a Secure Server run by a trusted 3rd party company called "Secure Trading". We have an up-to-date security SSL certificate on our payment site which can be seen by clicking on the padlock on the browser. You will also see a padlock on the status bar at the bottom of the browser and an 's' after the http on the URL address bar for that extra peace of mind.
- We use 3D Secure which has joined forces between MasterCard SecureCodeTM and Verified by VisaTM, helping to guard against unauthorised online payments. 3D Secure works by using a password that you would have created as your unique online ID. You will use this 3D secure password to validate online transactions.
I am not comfortable with ordering online, can I order over the phone?
Yes, you can call our Order Line on 08433 571 572, send us an order by fax on 01420 593333, email your order to email@example.com, or send us an order by post to the following address: GreatArt, Normandy House, 1 Nether Street, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 1EA.
How much do you charge for VAT?
VAT is calculated at 20% as of 1st January 2010.
Where do I enter a promotional code?
Once the products have been added to your basket you can insert any promotional code you may have and click ‘Confirm order’. The reduction will then be visible on the right hand side.
How much do you charge for delivery?
Subject to condition 3.2, we will charge the following for standard delivery within the United Kingdom (all prices inclusive of VAT):
- free for orders of £39.00 or more;
- £3.95 for orders between £19.95 and £38.99; and
- £4.95 for orders of £19.94 or less.
- FREE for brush only orders of £19.95 or more
- £2.95 for brush only orders of £19.94 or less
- FREE for all Click & Collect orders
An additional delivery charge of £5 will be applied for UK Offshore, Scottish Highlands and Channel Islands (Northern Ireland (BT), Isle of Man (IM), Perth (PH), Inverness (IV), Krikwall (KW), Paisley (PA), Lerwick (ZE), Kilmarnock (KA), Outer Hebrides (HS), Isle of Wight (PO), Guernsey (GY) and Jersey (JE)). This is due to different policies operated by our carrier to deliver these areas. In respect of such orders the total delivery costs will be notified to you prior to the dispatch and/or payment. During promotions such as "Free delivery weekend", the areas above will still be required to pay the additional charge of £5, unless otherwise stated.
How long does delivery take?
Your parcel will be delivered within approximately 5 to 8 working days. Express delivery is offered and charged by size and weight, please call our customer service team on 08433 571 572 for a quote.
If you do not receive your parcel after 8 working days please contact our customer services who will be happy to track the progress of your order.
Please be aware, our delivery times might vary slightly during holidays and bank holidays.
Do you deliver to PO box or BFPO addresses?
Unfortunately, we are unable to delivery to PO box or BFPO addresses.
Do you deliver overseas?
We only deliver to the United Kingdom. Unfortunately we are no longer able to deliver to the Republic of Ireland. If you wish to place an order outside this region, please contact Gerstaecker, our head office in Germany, where the following conditions will apply :
- the minimum order value for deliveries is 150€
- the cost of delivery will be calculated by Gerstaecker dependent on each individual order and the country of delivery
You can use www.greatart.co.uk to look for the products and use the same products code.
You can email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be able to assist you.
How do I track my parcel?
If you have registered your email address with us, you will receive an email after a couple of days notifying you that your parcel has been despatched. You can then begin to track your parcel online.
What do I do if my parcel is going to be delivered and I am not available to sign for it?
- You are always welcome to have your parcels delivered to a convenient address anywhere in the UK. If you are not able to have it delivered to your place of work due to rules and regulations made by your employers, perhaps there is a family member, neighbour or friend that might be able to sign for the parcel in your absence.
- If this is not an option, then the only other alternative is to leave a signed note requesting the courier to please leave parcel in a designated safe place, i.e shed, garage, porch etc, The courier would then take the signed note as proof of delivery. (Please note we cannot be held responsible if parcels go missing, so only use this option if it is safe to do so).
There is something missing from my parcel.
Check your parcel thoroughly because small items can sometimes be missed. Products can also be placed in alternative packaging to ensure their protection during transit.
If you still don’t find the missing product/s, contact our customer service team on 08433 571 572 or complete the ‘Contact us form’.
I haven't received my parcel
If within 8 working days goods have not been delivered, contact us immediately on 08433 571 572 and we will track your parcel.
Please be aware, our delivery times might vary slightly during holidays and bank holidays.
Do you have a shop in the UK?
Great Art Store
41-49 Kingsland Road
E-mail : email@example.com
Phone : 020 3409 3131
Opening hours : Monday - Saturday 10:00 - 19:00 / Sunday 12:00 - 18:00
How do I return an item?
You may return any unused, unwanted and undamaged products, if notified to us by phone, fax or email within 60 days of receipt of the goods - and be refunded. Goods are returned at the cost of the buyer unless agreed with customer services prior to sending.
When you receive an order, please carefully examine all products upon delivery and report any damages with the courier. Where the products cannot be examined immediately please sign for the order as ‘unchecked’.
Please report any damages or defects reasonably discoverable on first examination within 3 days. Wherever possibly, please send photographs by email of damaged items. Provided we receive these notices, we will replace the missing or damaged products without further charge.
If we do not receive such notices within the stated time frame, we will be discharged from all liability (whether arising in negligence or otherwise).
We will be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, or any wilful damage, negligence, subjection to abnormal conditions, failure to follow GreatArt’s or manufacturer's instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration of the products without our approval, or any other act or omission on your part, your employees, agents or any third party.
Only return products when you have prior clearance from our Customer Service team at Alton. Please call the office on 08433 571 572 for instructions.
How much does my phone call cost?
08433 571 572 is a Low Call rate and your call will be charged at 7 pence per minute (inc. vat) plus your providers access charge. Calls from mobiles may vary. 01420 59 3333 is a fax number and will be charged at BT or other network rates you currently pay.
Price match guarantee
We will match the price of a product should you should find it cheaper elsewhere under the following terms:
- You raise the claim within 7 days of placing your order with us.
- The item being advertised by the competitor is:
- Identical to the item provided by us.
- In stock and available immediately for delivery to the same delivery address provided to us by you.
- Brand new and not damaged.
- Not offered through any sort of auction (including eBay and the like), non-UK based competitors nor websites not operating secure (SSL) payment systems.
- Not a clearance item or part of a discounted line or sale; and
- The competitor's price:
- Includes all delivery and other charges.
- Is verifiable by us.
If you meet these terms we will reduce the price for your order, or refund the difference between the price paid for the item by you and the competitor's price. Our price match guarantee cannot be applied to the advertised prices on the Website or in other information we issue.
We may require you to provide written proof that your claim complies with these conditions and we reserve the right to refuse to match the price of any item at any time for any reason.
What will I find in the GreatArt Online magazine ?
We like to share our passion for art, to present you with new techniques and allow the artists we interview to share theirs tips and tricks on their preferred techniques.
Our magazine is full of interesting articles and features to inspire and keep you up to date with the latest information from the world of art, including products, events and art clubs to help you make informed decisions.
You will also find a link to The Great Art Materials Blog which tests and trials GreatArt products, and posts advice and tips on how to get the best out of them.
Gerstaecker and I Love Art products.
These products have the best quality/price ratio.
We don’t intend to replace traditional brands that will always be at the heart of our work. Gerstaecker products offer artists an alternative. Since the manufacturing process is shorter we can afford to adjust the prices because we designed these products from the beginning to the end. The best proof of their quality is their great success among artists!